The IOS application is developed by Forstall. The operating system was discovered with the iPhone at the Macworld Conference and Expo, Jan 9, 2007. The iPhone was launched in June 2007, but it doesn’t specify a separate name of the operating system. In late, Oct 17, 2007, Apple liberated the first Beta, and along with a new name for the operating system, which is “iPhone OS”. Before iPhone OS was launched, Apple released the iPod Touch, which was just like a music device. The selling of the iPod was more than one million during the year 2007. After some time, in Jan 2010, Apple launched the iPad. The features of iPad are better than the iPhone and the iPad, and also have the large screen and smooth touch also. The designing for web browser, media and reading are large in comparison to the iPhone and iPod. After few months later, in June 2010, Apple re-launched the OS as “IOS”. It is also known as iPhone Operating System.
What is IOS??
The user interface of IOS is based on the multi touch and gestures. It is controlling the sliders, switches and buttons. The iPhone is a multi touch interface and it is used by the shaking application, to behave like shaking or rotating. They provide many other features like, swipe, tap, pinch and reverse pinch also. IOS supports some frameworks like, Core Foundation and Foundation kit. The UIKit framework is better than the AppKit framework. The AppKit framework is not with the OS, so it uses the UIKit framework to make access easy for users and restricted for apps.IOS supports many versions:
The current version of IOS is 9.3, and it was released on Mrac. The home screen (rendered by and also known as "SpringBoard") displays application icons and a dock at the bottom of the screen, where users can pin their most frequently used apps. The home screen appears whenever the user unlocks the device or presses the "Home" button (a physical button on the device) whilst in another app. Before iOS 4 on the iPhone 3GS and newer, the screen's background could be customized in 2016. It is a latest version of ISO. The device flash memory is around 1.3GB for IOS. These device flash memory runs on the iPhone 4s and later, iPad 2 and iPad pro, and the all models of iPad mini and the 5th generation of iPod touch and later.
Features of ISO
The feature is a main part of any application, operating system and other devices. ISO provides many features like:
- Home Screen
- System Font
- Notification Centers
- Switching application
1) Home screen – It is a main feature of the Ios application. This feature is also known as a “SpringBoard” display application icons. Whenever the user can closed the most frequently used apps then, users can use the lock at the screen button. The home screen come out, then the user unlocks the device of "Home" button . The most important thing about IOS application is, there are no such virus issues with the Bluetooth and net surfing. There are different versions of IOS and each have their different features. In earlier times, the version IOS 4 on The iPhone 3GS, the screen background is customized with the other customization are available by Jai Li breaking. But now these days, they have changed out-of- box. The new feature is the home screen, which has a status bar at beyond the top of the display data like, time, battery and signal. When the passcode is set on the device, the user enters the passcode on the lock screen, then the home screen gets unlocked.
The new interesting feature introduced in iPhone is OS 3.0. This version allow user to search the media, contact messages, Email, calendar, reminders, Etc. But the new feature of IOS 7 and the other IOS (except Ios 9) is that, it can access by pick down anywhere on the home screen for the top edges that notification center and control center and also use the new interesting feature is user are able to set the background image of the lock screen and home screen. This feature is only available in third version devices and new iPhone 3Gs, iPod.
2) System Fonts – IOS provides the different font for a different version. But IOS mainly used the Helvetica as the system font. The version of iPhone 4 and IOS used the Helvetica Neue as the system font on the devices. But this system font for old devices. The new IOS 9 has provided the new system font San Francisco. It is designed by Apple for Maximum accuracy on mobile devices and computer also. It is the best font for IOS an iPhone.
3) Folder – The version of IOS 4 provides the simple folder on the system, when the applications are in “jingle mode”. The two versions of IOS 5 and IOS 6 acts like a folder, which can be dragged to the top of each folder and to create a folder, and then added the more apps on the folder. The folder automatically selects 9 apps in each folder. But the name is changed by the user. The new IOS 7 can update the folder with pages like on the home screen. Each page can hold the 9 apps and the new other apps are able to place on the other folder.
4) Notification center - The old version IOS like IOS 3 and IOS 4 , the notification was delivered in a Modal dialog box and couldn't be seen after being removed. Apple introduced the new notification center in IOS 5. This version allows the user to view the notification history and remove or clear the history. The version IOS 8 has introduced the new feature for notification center on mobile devices like, the widgets are available through notification center. When an app sends any files a notification hole closed , the a red badge is shown on its icon. This badge tells the user, how many applications that can be sent. Open the apps , clear the badge.
5) Accessibility – IOS application provide the new feature like accessibility. This feature allows the user personalized various condition of IOS to assist the user. If support is needed in the area of viewed and the new addition of accessibility shortcuts. The located settings> General> accessibility.
6) Multitasking – In this, maximum number of people use the multitasking devices. The multitasking for IOS was first released in 2010 in IOS 4.0. It is provided only in certain devices like, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod third generation were able to use the multitasking. The ISO third generation and newer ISO devices. The multitasking support through 7 backgrounds.
- Background Audio
- Voice Over IP
- Background Location
- Push Notification
- Local Notification
- Task Completion
- Fast App Switching
Version of IOS Application
There are 11 versions of IOS application and the IOS version category is divided in 3 parts- Primary, Secondary and discontinued. The version is
1)1st version – It was released on June 29, 2007, The memory is 4 GB and 8GB. It is a first version IOS
2) 3G Version – It was released on Sep 9, 2008. The memory is 8GB and 16GB. It is a third generation IOS
3) 3GS version – It was released on Sep9, 2009, the memory storage is 8, 16 and 32GB. It is also third generation IOS.
4) 4 version - It was released on Sep 1, 2010, the memory storage is 8,16 and 32 GB. It is a fourth generation IOS.
5) 4S- It was released on Oct 14, 2011, the memory storage is 8,16, and 32GB. It is fourth generation IOS.
6) 5 version – It was released on Sep 21, 2012, the memory storage is 16, 32 and 64BGB. It is fifth generation IOS.
7) 6 version – It is the sixth generation IOS. It was released on Sep 19, 2014, storage is 16, 64 and 128 GB.
8) 6 Plus- It was released on Sep 19, 2014. The memory storage is same as the 6 version. It supports 9.3.1 ISO
9) 6S version - It was released on Sep 25, 2015. The memory storage is same as the 6 version. It supports 9.3.1 IOS.
10) 6S Plus - It was released on Sep 25, 2015. The memory storage is 16, 64, 32 and 128GB. It is a sixth generation in IOS. It is the latest version in the market .
11) SE version – it is newly launched on march 31, 2016. The memory storage is 16 and 64 and also provide NAND flash light.