CodeIgniter streamlines the PHP syntax, the code underlying web pages. If you are creating your next project in CodeIgniter, know these imperative benefits of coding:
- CodeIgniter makes a use of a simple PHP coding, and has quick and user-friendly interface.
- Gives an advanced learning about PHP, that’s how it works as you code.
- Allow to work on the Model/View/Controller (MVC), which is a most approaching practices of all the developers.
- Its structure is quite easy to use and built on a linear structure.
- CodeIgniter is an open source platform and has very easy setup of configuration and customization depending on your needs.
- If you want to construct your own cleaner URI lines in CodeIgniter, you can do it easily.
Find out more reasons of using the CodeIgniter framework!PHP Made Friendly
Before you make a start to work with CodeIgniter, you need to gain basic knowledge of PHP. The point you need to be familiar with- How PHP interacts with a database and its relationship with HTML?
Once you will grab an information on PHP basics, you’ll move quickly into using CodeIgniter to develop unique blogs, content management systems, forums, or any highly interactive, hands-on web application you are expecting.Tiers Come Easy
CodeIgniter uses Model/View/Controller approach to programming, because it has only aim to keep the business logic of an application away from the display logic, splitting the presentation feature of an application and the nuts and bolts that drive that application into three interconnected tiers:
- The Model- It represents data structures and the classes carried within the Model tier will consists of methods that interact with a database.
- The View- it represents the point of presentation. A View is considered as a web page and can also be somewhat like a page fragment with the header or footer.
- The Controller- It is an intermediary between the Model, the View, and any other resources needed to run your application.
If you separate a project in this procedure, then it means you are making a job extremely efficiently, maintaining its relationship with other tiers yet operating within clearly defined boundaries. Moreover, it will also give multiple views and controllers can also easily interface with the same Model.
Know the Setup Configuration-
All in all, you first need to download and install CodeIgniter. Keep your original copy away in a templates folder. Whenever you will start a new project, you need to copy the required folders from this template, customizing them as you want to.
Next, you need the most is the index.php file and the two main folders, which includes: system and application. Most of the time, you will be working with an application folder, but it’s value taking a glance through the sub folders in the system folder.
At the back, the CodeIgniter’s functionality contains—the libraries, helpers, plug-ins and classes that you’ll be carried to build up your own application. When you will reach to the codes, try to go through it, as it contains all the explanations to make you understand.
Clean Up Your URIs
Do you know? You can take an advantage from the CodeIgniter, which is nothing but an ability to orientate yourself via the URI line. This will contain the names of your controllers, which in turn will launch corresponding view files responsible for output in the browser.
By default, index.php will be included in your URI, such as:
ci.com/index.php/page/my_output, where page.php is the name of your controller, with a class containing a method calledmy_output().
Moreover, by using an .htaccessfile with your own custom-built regulations, easily remove the index.php chunk, and streamline that URI line.We’re Home
When you get your project with blueprint set up, and you’ve also contained a handy .htaccess file to smarten up that URI line, enter the type the project folder’s location into your browser and see what will actually happen.Establishing Control
When you will develop your application according to the MVC architecture, you’ll be saving the various files similar with each of the three tiers (i.e, Model, View, ControlleR) within its corresponding folder. In addition, the other folder will automatically get connected with is the config folder. CodeIgniter will do everything for you as per the specifications you require.
Advantages Of CodeIgniter Framework
CodeIgniter is a very strong based PHP frame, which function with a very small footprint. It is specially built for PHP coders, who are in search of simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
It is a type of an Application Development Framework - a toolkit – designed for the developers, who build web sites using PHP.
The main motive of CodeIgnitier is to allow you to develop projects much faster than you could think of! If you are writing code from scratch, it will provide you a rich set of libraries for commonly required tasks, simple interface and logical structure to make use of these libraries.
CodeIgniter wants you to completely lets focus on your project with full creativity by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
Other Features Of CodeIgniter:
With many advantages and imperative reasons, Codeigniter has enhanced with many adorable features to inbuilt library classes for many complicated functionalities. Following are the features of CodeIgniter.
- Model-View-Controller Based System
- Extremely Light Weight
- Full Featured database classes with support for several platforms.
- Active Record Database Support
- Form and Data Validation
- Security and XSS Filtering
- Session Management
- Email Sending Class. Supports Attachments, HTML/Text email, multiple protocols (sendmail, SMTP, and Mail) and more.
- Image Manipulation Library (cropping, resizing, rotating, etc.). Supports GD, ImageMagick, and NetPBM
- File Uploading Class
- FTP Class
- Unit Testing Class
- Search-engine Friendly URLs
- Flexible URI Routing
- Support for Hooks and Class Extensions
- Data Encryption
- Error Logging
- Application Profiling
- Calendaring Class
- User Agent Class
- Zip Encoding Class
- Template Engine Class
- Full Page Caching
- Trackback Class
- XML-RPC Library
- A Large library of "helper" functions
Benefits Of Using CodeIgniter:
- CodeIgniter is fast, reliable, lightweight and more capable in its functioning.
- PHP framework is the easiest solution, that allows you easily to get out the errors in your development.
- In web Development, there are many features, which are almost the same, so you can easily define the same code in many different patterns.
- CodeIgniter PHP Development is the most successful way to employ a modular program.
- CodeIgniter PHP Development is efficiently compatible with numerous web servers, operating systems and most of the platforms.
- PHP can be used for different relational database management systems.
- You will find out the PHP developers around the entire world. Therefore, with Codeigniter PHP development, you can easily find out enormous amount of support through forums and blogs.
- CodeIgniter stands best in the crowd of an outstanding performance as well as presentation.
- CodeIgniter put its all efforts in investment, at the time of PHP framework configuration.