LMS- What Does It Mean?
Learning Management System is a great solution for the students, as it ranges from systems for managing training and educational records to software for distributing online or blended/hybrid college courses over the Internet with features for online partnerships.
Now in this current era, almost all the colleges, universities, school districts, and schools use LMSs to deliver online courses and develop on-campus courses. The teachers are also now using the advantage of LMS, as it also act to develop the lessons that a teacher provides to the students. There are also some corporate departments, who are using LMS to provide online training. Moreover, it also handles the responsibility of keeping records and employee’s registration.
Introduction to Moodle
Moodle is totally free and open-source software learning management system documented in PHP and allocated under the General Public License (GNU). This software is developed on pedagogical principles. The use of Moodle is done for blended learning, distance education, flipped classroom and other e-learning projects in schools, universities, workplaces and all other working sectors.
The functionality of Moodle is customized with the help of fully customizable management features. These features are further used to create private websites with the help of online courses for educators and trainers to attain learning goals. Moodle make a use of community sourced plug-ins to allow the users for extending and tailoring learning environments.Imperative Features of Moodle
- Moodle is the modern based open source software and has the interface, which is very easy to use.
- Moodle has its own personalized dashboard.
- Moddle performs excessive amount of activities and has collaborative tools.
- Moodle has a feature of All-In-One calendar.
- Moodle has a very convenient file management system.
- The text editor in moodle is very simple and intuitive.
- Moodle feature in notifications means a user can always stay aware of the things.
- Track progress is another useful feature for a teacher, which allows them to view the progress of any particular student at any period of time.
- Multilingual capability
- Supports open standards
- High interoperate
- Simple plug-in management
- Regular security updates
- Detailed reporting and logs
- Bulk course creation and easy backup
- Manage user roles and permissions
- Customisable site design and layout
- Secure authentication and mass enrolment
- Direct learning paths
- Encourage collaboration
- Embed external resources
- Peer and self assessment
- Integrated Badges
- Outcomes and rubrics
- Security and privacy
- Multimedia Integration
- Group management
- Marking workflow
- In-line marking
Outstanding Perks Of Using Moodle
Moodle is well established and interactive study platform with enormous benefits which turn on the students and teachers to make a use of it. Here are the best benefits of using moodle. Read on-
The Moodle gives the student an environment of fun, innovative ideas and creative things to fill the purpose. It also helps the student to enhance their knowledge and take up the required help to complete the assignments accordingly.
The attractive features, which turn on the teachers and students into moodle are documented as:
- Assignment Submission
- Discussion Forum
- Files Download
- Online quizzes
- Moodle Instant Messages
- Gamification of study material and problems
The above features written are the benefits for a hesitating student, as now he/she can post queries, search for information over a particular topic, read daily posts and comments, take–up an online quiz and lastly play a game related to application based problems to help them reduce excess amount of stress, release all the tensions and worries, and build an ocean of knowledge.
How can teachers use Moodle easily and effectively? Whenever the student wants to put on the query, Moodle has a friendly environment for a student, which helps them to get connected with the teachers around the world. This user friendly environment will provide the best answers to the students through professional instructors.