Restriction In Effect- Did You Find The Same?
Sometimes you find an error message “SAFE MODE Restriction in effect”. This issue is a PHP restriction issue, and your host is putting effort to run a -builtin PHP- functions but doesn’t have access to run it. This issue is all about related to your server configuration and has nothing to do with an OpenCart.Error Variant:
- Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10025 is not allowed to access /path/public_html/system/library/session.php on line 11
- Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10305 is not allowed to access /path/public_html/image/cache/data owned by uid 48 in /path/public_html/system/library/image.php on line 44
- Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/path/public_html/image/87cngmlc22pe96fof5fhmq9c290phri7) is not within the allowed path(s): (/path/server/) in /path/public_html/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php on line 248
- Safe Mode and open_basedir restriction is a server issue, contact your host and ask him to turn off the restriction, as it is the best way to fix the issue.
- But in case you wanna try to resolve it, try this solution:
1) // Put code bellow at php.ini
2) safe_mode = Off;
3) --- or---
4) // Put code bellow at .htaccess
5) php_value safe_mode off